- Listen to the September 13, 2011 show (or download the archive):
The Sexy Vegan: Food porn, spider moments, and cooking videos that make you laugh out loud. Plus, our Vida Vegan Con recap.
We talk with Chef Brian Patton of TheSexyVegan.com, and author of the upcoming The Sexy Vegan Cookbook. Brian tells us about his transformation from a pizza eating college student who didn’t even know how to cook spaghetti, to a vegan chef who shares his funny and irreverent cooking videos and recipes with the world.
We bring you a recap of Vida Vegan Con, a vegan bloggers conference we attended recently in Portland, and catch up with Matt Collins of Whole Foods Market in Bend about their fundraising project that’s putting gardens into schools.
Vegan Bite, recipe of the month:
The Sexy Vegan’s
Chorizo Stuffed Zucchini with Mango Salsa
Veg Out ‘N About (in Bend)
Los Jalapeños, located at 601 NE Greenwood Ave, now offers several types of vegan pancakes for breakfast, including chocolate, blueberry, tapioca, and soy, made with Bob’s Red Mill products. They also carry Daiya cheese for that huge tasty inexpensive burrito you’ve been craving.
News from the Vegan Frontier
- In land of meat, Texas university touts vegan
- Asian Honey, Banned in Europe, Is Flooding U.S. Grocery Shelves
- Vegan Protest Fuel gets vegan food into the hands of peaceful demonstrators throughout the world who are rising up for democracy, freedom and justice
- NutritionFacts.org. Hundreds of easy to understand videos with the latest in nutrition research. Dr. Michael Greger will be posting a video a day for 365 days.
- Ellen DeGeneres’ New Vegan Web Page & Blog
- More about the Canada Goose issue in Bend
- Farm Sanctuary’s Walk for Farm Animals
- Utne Reader Reviews Green Is the New Red
- Justice Department Warned the FBI that Focusing on Environmentalists Ignores More Violent Threats
News around Town:
VegNet Bend monthly meeting and potluck, 6p, September 28, The Environmental Center, 16 NW Kansas, Bend. Bring a vegan dish, your recipe, and a place setting. For more information, see VegNet Bend on Facebook or vegnetbend.org.
Lecture by Dr. Jane Goodall, presented by Chimps, Inc. 1:30 – 2:30 p.m., October 8, Deschutes County Fair & Expo Center, Redmond. A lecture by the world-renowned primatologist, conservationist and U.N. Messenger of Peace who has researched the behavior of chimpanzees for more than 50 years, will include reflections on global conservation issues and her reasons for carrying hope for the future of the planet. For more information and for tickets, see chimps-inc.org.
Theme song and musical clips courtesy of Paul Seymour. To learn more about Paul or his music, please visit paulseymour.com.au.
All Things Vegan airs on KPOV, Bend Community Radio.
Filed under: Episodes, Interviews | Tagged: AETA, animal rights, animals, asian, baking, bend, bite, blogger, brian, cafe, chef, chimpanzee, chimps, chimps-inc, Chorizo, cooking, degeneres, farm, farm sanctuary, fbi, food, fuel, gardens, geese, goodall, goose, green is the new red, honey, interview, jalapeños, los jalapenos, Mango, nutritionfacts, patton, plant, porn, potluck, potter, protest, recipes, Salsa, school lunch, schools, sexy, seymour, spider, terrorism, texas, utne, vegan, vegetarian, vegnet, vida vegan, videos, whole foods, will potter, youtube, Zucchini | 1 Comment »