- Listen to the October 9, 2012 show (or download the archive): http://www.vegnetbend.org/atv-showarchives/allthingsvegan-2012Oct9.mp3%20
Jenny Brown, of Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary, talks about her new book, The Lucky Ones: My Passionate Fight for Farm Animals
In this show you’ll meet Jenny Brown, long-time animal advocate, co-founder of Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary, and author of The Lucky Ones: My Passionate Fight for Farm Animals. You’ll also hear how a protest temporarily halted operations at Farmer John, a subsidiary of Hormel and the largest pig slaughterhouse on the west coast. And we’ll introduce you to Saudi, the newest resident at Black Beauty Ranch. Plus, you’ll learn about the strange event that temporarily shut down a Chinese restaurant in Williamsburg, Kentucky.
And, of course, we highlight the latest News from the Vegan Frontier, let you know about vegan related happenings in and around Central Oregon, and more!
Jenny Brown is an amazing woman who summoned the courage to battle cancer and the loss of her leg at the age of 10. You’ll hear how that same courage sustained her later in life as she went undercover to film and document farmed animal abuse. Jenny worked professionally as a producer, director, and post-production supervisor but gave up her career to dedicate her life to helping the animals that society seems to have forgotten.
Jenny founded Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary in Woodstock, New York, along with her husband Doug. Her new book, The Lucky Ones: My Passionate Fight for Farm Animals, tells her story.
News from the Vegan Frontier:
- Mayim Bialik PETA Ad: ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Star Says ‘Go Vegan’
- Not Eggsactly Free: ALDF Sues Egg Producers for False Advertising
- Holocaust Survivor to Lead Protest of L.A. Slaughterhouse
- Vegan Blood Fights Cancer Better
- Saudi steps off the trailer onto his new turf
- Wild horses sold by US later ending up at slaughterhouses?
- Chinese restaurant serving roadkill?
- How Much Arsenic In Rice Came From Chickens?
Veg Out ‘N About:
News around Town:
VegNet Bend will hold their monthly meeting and potluck at 6p, Oct 24, at The Environmental Center, 16 NW Kansas in Bend. Bring a vegan dish to share and your recipe or list of ingredients. For more information about this event, see VegNet Bend Group on Facebook or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Theme song and musical clips are courtesy of Paul Seymour. To learn more about New Zealand / Australia based Paul or his music, please visit paulseymour.com.au.
All Things Vegan airs on KPOV, Bend Community Radio.