- Listen to the Jan 22, 2013 show (or download the archive): http://www.vegnetbend.org/atv-showarchives/allthingsvegan-2013Jan22.mp3%20
Author and inspirational speaker Colleen Patrick-Goudreau on The 30-Day Vegan Challenge
In this episode, we catch up with author and inspirational speaker Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. Colleen is the author of numerous award-winning books, including The Joy of Vegan Baking and Vegan’s Daily Companion, as well as the creator of the online multimedia program, The 30-Day Vegan Challenge, and host of the popular audio podcast, Vegetarian Food for Thought.
We also give you an update on Operation Potcake, an ambitious spay and neuter campaign in the Bahamas; discuss a new law that bans animal testing on products in Israel; and share some good news about 104 lucky bears in Vietnam that have been saved from eviction.
And, of course, we highlight additional News from the Vegan Frontier, let you know about vegan related happenings in and around Central Oregon, and more!
News from the Vegan Frontier:
- Operation Potcake
- The Humane Society of Jefferson County closes its doors
- Being Vegan – Let’s Follow Israel’s Lead
- The HSUS Urges Wyoming Legislature to Oppose Harmful Whistleblower Suppression Bill
- Vietnam bear sanctuary saved from eviction
- Stop Devocalization Now
- Deaths of 500 dogs blamed on jerky treats, FDA says
- TrapFree Oregon
News around Town:
VegNet Bend will hold their monthly meeting and potluck at 6p, Jan 23rd, at The Phoenix Inn, 300 NW Franklin in Bend. Bring a vegan dish to share and your recipe or list of ingredients.
Theme song and musical clips are courtesy of Paul Seymour. To learn more about New Zealand / Australia based Paul or his music, please visit paulseymour.com.au.
All Things Vegan airs on KPOV, Bend Community Radio.