- Listen to the May 14, 2013 show (or download the archive): http://www.vegnetbend.org/atv-showarchives/allthingsvegan-2013May14.mp3%20
The culinary adventures of Chef Al Chase and Donna Benjamin, plus joyful songs from Donna’s Native American courting flute
In this fun show we talk with husband and wife team Chef Al Chase and Donna Benjamin, who together, co-founded the Vegan Village at the annual Better Living Show in Portland, Oregon. Chef Al is a graduate of The Culinary Institute of America and has been a chef for over 40 years. Halfway through that time he made the decision to become vegan, and in the 20 years since, he’s been delighting people with extraordinary vegan creations plus teaching others through his vegan culinary arts program. He and Donna are currently working on an e-book of plant-based recipes that could win over even hard-core meat eaters.
We also tell you about a surprising new company that is turning food scraps in healthy vegan compost. And we share our want-to-read book list of the latest books by some of our favorite vegan authors.
And, of course, we highlight other News from the Vegan Frontier, let you know about vegan related happenings in and around Central Oregon, and more!
News from the Vegan Frontier:
- Wild dogs take Chewbilee Line
- ALF Destroys 200 Fur Traps in Ontario
- Horse Tripping
- Rat Meat Sold as Lamb Highlights Fear in China
- Public School 244 In Queens Adopts All-Vegetarian Menu, Becomes The First In NYC To Do So
- The Politics of the Pasture
- On Being Vegan: Reflections on a Compassionate Life
- VB6: Eat Vegan Before 6:00 to Lose Weight and Restore Your Health
- Whole: Rethinking the Science of Nutrition
- The China Study Cookbook
- Beg: A Radical New Way of Regarding Animals
- My Beef with Meat: The Healthiest Argument for Eating a Plant-Strong Diet
- The Sexy Vegan’s Happy Hour at Home: Small Plates, Big Flavors, and Potent Cocktails
- Factory Farming Awareness Coalition
News around Town:
VegNet Bend will hold their monthly meeting and potluck at 6p, May 22, at The Environmental Center, 16 NW Kansas in Bend. Bring a vegan dish to share and your recipe or list of ingredients.
Vegan Book Club, Tuesdays 1:15p – 2:30p at The Social Justice Center, 155 NW Irving Ave
Theme song and musical clips are courtesy of Paul Seymour. To learn more about New Zealand / Australia based Paul or his music, please visit paulseymour.com.au.
All Things Vegan airs on KPOV, Bend Community Radio.